Thursday, February 21, 2008

SAMSONS’ showcase

It’s Saturday, 11th August 2007 at Menara PGRM, Taman Maluri.

Actually Afiqah got four tickets to watch SAMSONS live in KL. Well, I guess I was lucky enough to be invited..huhu. Not Fiqah and I alone, but with Syaza and Herne too. Well, to get to Menara PGRM was quite a journey itself.

Let’s skip the journey. When we got there, the event had already started with some games conducted by Iwan FO3. He seemed tall on the stage (wait for what happened at the end of the show). Then, there was 6ixth Sense (the frontman was hyperactive!) opening the show with ‘today and yesterday’ and ‘couldn’t go for you’ and a few other songs which I don’t remember.

Then, there was SAMSONS! Ok, let me tell you something… I didn’t know who or what SAMSONS was and what their songs were till I got there. When Fiqah invited me, I was like “Hey, I know the place! I’m in.” In my mind, “Yeah, just a group of guys from seberang. No big deal.” And all the way there, a friend of mine said that they can’t sing live. Well, they can but not very well. So I thought, just wait and see. After all, it was free (thanks a lot Fiqah!)

I didn’t know that Bams is cute. And that was it.

They sang all their former hits like ‘Kenangan Terindah’ which was sung very very well, I think, although the audience was quite noisy, of course and ‘Naluri Lelaki’ and at that time, God knew what songs they sang (told ya, I didn’t know them!) Then, they sang their new songs like ‘Kisah Tak Sempurna’ and ‘Jika Ku Harus Bermimpi’ which I got addicted to for quite some time.

Tell you what, Bams didn’t really speak on stage and all the talking was done by Irfan (I know his name the next morning after I run through the cd). I think they sang well and their songs were pretty good and easy for my ears. I enjoyed the show, so did everyone else.

Just one thing: there were these few groups on lelaki indon who went a little on top – not a little, I think, coz we were very irritated by them. They took off their shirts, carried one another on the shoulders and showed off huge banners. And then, there’s also this one lelaki indon yang pendek showing off his dancing skills in front of us. Disgusting! Well, that was it about the show.

After the show, anybody who had the new album could meet the guys for autograph. I didn’t wait long then and terus bought the cd. I queued….

I said to Bams, “My friends kirim salam.”
He said, “Oh, kirim-kirim salam balik.” I didn’t know that he’s non-muslim…so did my friends. Then, I salam him and Aldri (gosh, 80 tahun dosa!)

There were lots of pics on the table but I didn’t know what they were and that I could take it. So I went back and …… met Iwan! I wasn’t aware that it was him at first when he said’ “Eh, mana boleh dua kali…” Believe me; he’s not taller than me.

When Syaza and I went back, SAMSONS was taking pictures and one by one left until it was Bams alone with his fans. Sadly, when it was our turn, a bodyguard came and took him away…aaarrrgggh! Poor Syaza…and the pic dah habis…

No comments: