Jay Chou: On The Run
This is Jay Chou’s eighth album. For those who doesn’t know what Jay Chou is… he’s a male(!) ok.
Well, I’ve been listening to him since his fourth album (and managed to catch up from his first) and never get bored. BUT BUT BUT… his latest album was quite a disappointment for me. It’s not that I don’t like it but I expected something out of ordinary from the album.
What I like most about Jay Chou is that he manages to blend different genres in one song. And he’s famous for his East-Meets-West songs. How I never tire listening to Twilight Chapter 7 (Ye De Ti Zi Xiang), Nocturne (Ye Qu), Wai Po and my all time favourite song, Father I’m Back (Ba Wo Hui Lai Le).
But this time around, I don’t find something quite like that. Thank God, Wu Shuang (one of the latest songs) saved my money (it’s my current ringtone!). At least, there is one song that can fill my empty stomach….huhu. But I think the beginning of the song is somewhat similar to What I’ve Done by Linkin Park. I think lah…
I like the first single – Niu Zai Hen Mang – coz it’s ‘funny’ and catchy, although that’s not my favourite genre. I make it my alarm tone though.
Anyway, I’ve decided to assume like this: On The Run does not meet my expectation coz Secret was a blast!
This is Jay Chou’s eighth album. For those who doesn’t know what Jay Chou is… he’s a male(!) ok.
Well, I’ve been listening to him since his fourth album (and managed to catch up from his first) and never get bored. BUT BUT BUT… his latest album was quite a disappointment for me. It’s not that I don’t like it but I expected something out of ordinary from the album.
What I like most about Jay Chou is that he manages to blend different genres in one song. And he’s famous for his East-Meets-West songs. How I never tire listening to Twilight Chapter 7 (Ye De Ti Zi Xiang), Nocturne (Ye Qu), Wai Po and my all time favourite song, Father I’m Back (Ba Wo Hui Lai Le).
But this time around, I don’t find something quite like that. Thank God, Wu Shuang (one of the latest songs) saved my money (it’s my current ringtone!). At least, there is one song that can fill my empty stomach….huhu. But I think the beginning of the song is somewhat similar to What I’ve Done by Linkin Park. I think lah…
I like the first single – Niu Zai Hen Mang – coz it’s ‘funny’ and catchy, although that’s not my favourite genre. I make it my alarm tone though.
Anyway, I’ve decided to assume like this: On The Run does not meet my expectation coz Secret was a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment