P. Ramlee the Musical
6.30 a.m., 2nd November 2007.
Wani, Shaza and I were waiting for the ‘Rampid Bus’ to arrive at sec2. Extremely early hah? Actually, we had just finished studying…I repeat… studying computer at McD the night before. Five of us – Shaza, Wani, Nonz, Hadi and I. The night was quite suck coz I couldn’t concentrate at all BECAUSE it was COMPUTER IN EDUCATION! Anyway, I was thrilled though coz something huge and exciting awaited me that night. It’s P. Ramlee the Musical!!! I couldn’t stop saying Sean Ghazi and Siti Nurhaliza all the time we were in McD and the bus stop till Shaza got bored with me. Eventually, the bus came but I couldn’t get to be the first punter coz there were two Indons got onto the bus first.
Anyhow… after I reached Mawar (2A-04-14: that’s my room) I at once hopped on my bed and got my nutritious beauty sleep. I don’t remember at what time I woke but it wasn’t noon yet and I instantly packed my stuff (bet you know what stuff I mean) to be brought back home. No breakfast and no lunch for that day.
5.00 p.m.
Wani and I started our journey to Istana Budaya. From Mawar to sec2 then to KTM Shah Alam and met Hajar there. Herne would meet us at Istana Budaya coz she went there with Uncle Jalal…oh, I mean Mr. Helan Abu..hehe. My parents fetched the three of us at KL Sentral and the thrill just got greater. Then, we got there at around 8pm++ and my dad parked the car next to a big-green-tong sampah coz that was the only parking space left (malas nak cari lain sebenarnye).
Inside Istana Budaya, the first person we saw was Zahim Al-Bakri having ‘light dinner’ with his friends. Then, we met Herne and her dad…. and then Adlin Aman Ramli. We DID take pictures with Mr Zahim and Mr Adlin.
Enough said… we got to our seats (the second cheapest seats!) at level 3 in Panggung Sari and waited for the play to start. Around 9pm++, a classic-young-and-good-looking man presaged the show.
Curtains up…. there they were… Sean Ghazi fiddling with the piano as P.Ramlee and Liza Hanim showing her singing skill as Saloma...in nightdress. The background was so COOL showing the rainy-and-windy weather. Then, it was all flashback…
The stage was quite crowded coz there were too many actors and actresses singing for the opening of P. Ramlee’s life. Syafie (Mukhsin in Mukhsin) played as young P. Ramlee and ‘my neighbor’ (believe me, I see her everyday but I don’t know her name till now) played young Azizah. Speaking of which, Siti played Azizah. The little girl’s mom said that her daughter and Siti were placed in the same room days and nights for two months for the practice (almaklumlah azizah kecik ngan azizah besar). Back to the play, the first part where P. Ramlee kecik and Azizah kecik played was verrry funny and believe me, that pretty-little-girl-next-door CAN sing!
Then, there was this one part where Sean Ghazi sang for a show and the ‘audience’ made noise and then, after he finished singing, the small stage turned around to show what happen behind the stage. The noise got softer and Sean Ghazi met Siti behind the stage. Well, for me, that was a verrry COOL idea!
Siti’s voice couldn’t be questioned and it was powerful and managed to bring the sadness for they were parting at that time. A friend of mine said that Siti couldn’t act but I disagree with that opinion. I think that Siti’s acting couldn’t be judged yet for this is her debut acting and her part – although important – was small. Or maybe the night I went, Siti played well. Who knows?
Oh, I would like to tell about the props and stage. Whoever in charge of the props, setting and stage was a total genius! The train was so COOL! It was meant to be seen from inside and outside…hard to describe, you’ve just got to watch it. Too late, hah?
Once, when P. Ramlee missed Azizah, we got to see what was ‘in his mind’. Siti sang remarkably behind a curtain and the light was on her to create ‘the memory in P. Ramlee’s mind’. That part was really poignant and heartbreaking and sad. A few times I almost cried but hey(!) my parents were beside me!
And there was also this one part where P.Ramlee was sad after his second divorce and played the piano in his living room. At the same time, Saloma was singing in her living room coz she ‘had a thing’ for P. Ramlee. That was when the first stage (P. Ramlee’s living room) was brought up half way to show the second stage (Saloma’s living room) and there it was…two living rooms with two people unconnected, but attached in their emotions. It was brilliant and I couldn’t believe that human being can be as creative as that! (Ok, blame me: this is the first time I watched a theater in Istana Budaya)
And again, there was a cameo in a cinema and till now I still couldn’t figure out and understand how they made it. It was like we were behind the screen watching people watching movie… tricky, hah? A high intellectual capacity is required to understand my babbling...hehe.
Well, Saloma and P. Ramlee first date was very very very very FUNNY! And there were ‘offstage rumble’ in the whole hall. Sean Ghazi deserved the part. His voice was so impressive, he can act – WELL – and he can dance ok! The orchestra was so so so good, they played well, the music was splendid and all the songs were…thanks to P. Ramlee(!) So I think all the actors and crews deserved BIG-thumbs up.
As Herne said… “Only one word – MAGNIFICENT!”
6.30 a.m., 2nd November 2007.
Wani, Shaza and I were waiting for the ‘Rampid Bus’ to arrive at sec2. Extremely early hah? Actually, we had just finished studying…I repeat… studying computer at McD the night before. Five of us – Shaza, Wani, Nonz, Hadi and I. The night was quite suck coz I couldn’t concentrate at all BECAUSE it was COMPUTER IN EDUCATION! Anyway, I was thrilled though coz something huge and exciting awaited me that night. It’s P. Ramlee the Musical!!! I couldn’t stop saying Sean Ghazi and Siti Nurhaliza all the time we were in McD and the bus stop till Shaza got bored with me. Eventually, the bus came but I couldn’t get to be the first punter coz there were two Indons got onto the bus first.
Anyhow… after I reached Mawar (2A-04-14: that’s my room) I at once hopped on my bed and got my nutritious beauty sleep. I don’t remember at what time I woke but it wasn’t noon yet and I instantly packed my stuff (bet you know what stuff I mean) to be brought back home. No breakfast and no lunch for that day.
5.00 p.m.
Wani and I started our journey to Istana Budaya. From Mawar to sec2 then to KTM Shah Alam and met Hajar there. Herne would meet us at Istana Budaya coz she went there with Uncle Jalal…oh, I mean Mr. Helan Abu..hehe. My parents fetched the three of us at KL Sentral and the thrill just got greater. Then, we got there at around 8pm++ and my dad parked the car next to a big-green-tong sampah coz that was the only parking space left (malas nak cari lain sebenarnye).
Inside Istana Budaya, the first person we saw was Zahim Al-Bakri having ‘light dinner’ with his friends. Then, we met Herne and her dad…. and then Adlin Aman Ramli. We DID take pictures with Mr Zahim and Mr Adlin.
Enough said… we got to our seats (the second cheapest seats!) at level 3 in Panggung Sari and waited for the play to start. Around 9pm++, a classic-young-and-good-looking man presaged the show.
Curtains up…. there they were… Sean Ghazi fiddling with the piano as P.Ramlee and Liza Hanim showing her singing skill as Saloma...in nightdress. The background was so COOL showing the rainy-and-windy weather. Then, it was all flashback…
The stage was quite crowded coz there were too many actors and actresses singing for the opening of P. Ramlee’s life. Syafie (Mukhsin in Mukhsin) played as young P. Ramlee and ‘my neighbor’ (believe me, I see her everyday but I don’t know her name till now) played young Azizah. Speaking of which, Siti played Azizah. The little girl’s mom said that her daughter and Siti were placed in the same room days and nights for two months for the practice (almaklumlah azizah kecik ngan azizah besar). Back to the play, the first part where P. Ramlee kecik and Azizah kecik played was verrry funny and believe me, that pretty-little-girl-next-door CAN sing!
Then, there was this one part where Sean Ghazi sang for a show and the ‘audience’ made noise and then, after he finished singing, the small stage turned around to show what happen behind the stage. The noise got softer and Sean Ghazi met Siti behind the stage. Well, for me, that was a verrry COOL idea!
Siti’s voice couldn’t be questioned and it was powerful and managed to bring the sadness for they were parting at that time. A friend of mine said that Siti couldn’t act but I disagree with that opinion. I think that Siti’s acting couldn’t be judged yet for this is her debut acting and her part – although important – was small. Or maybe the night I went, Siti played well. Who knows?
Oh, I would like to tell about the props and stage. Whoever in charge of the props, setting and stage was a total genius! The train was so COOL! It was meant to be seen from inside and outside…hard to describe, you’ve just got to watch it. Too late, hah?
Once, when P. Ramlee missed Azizah, we got to see what was ‘in his mind’. Siti sang remarkably behind a curtain and the light was on her to create ‘the memory in P. Ramlee’s mind’. That part was really poignant and heartbreaking and sad. A few times I almost cried but hey(!) my parents were beside me!
And there was also this one part where P.Ramlee was sad after his second divorce and played the piano in his living room. At the same time, Saloma was singing in her living room coz she ‘had a thing’ for P. Ramlee. That was when the first stage (P. Ramlee’s living room) was brought up half way to show the second stage (Saloma’s living room) and there it was…two living rooms with two people unconnected, but attached in their emotions. It was brilliant and I couldn’t believe that human being can be as creative as that! (Ok, blame me: this is the first time I watched a theater in Istana Budaya)
And again, there was a cameo in a cinema and till now I still couldn’t figure out and understand how they made it. It was like we were behind the screen watching people watching movie… tricky, hah? A high intellectual capacity is required to understand my babbling...hehe.
Well, Saloma and P. Ramlee first date was very very very very FUNNY! And there were ‘offstage rumble’ in the whole hall. Sean Ghazi deserved the part. His voice was so impressive, he can act – WELL – and he can dance ok! The orchestra was so so so good, they played well, the music was splendid and all the songs were…thanks to P. Ramlee(!) So I think all the actors and crews deserved BIG-thumbs up.
As Herne said… “Only one word – MAGNIFICENT!”
No comments:
Post a Comment